As any common man, all of us want every single thing we purchase or see, should be of our liking. We crave that attention and personalization effort from others towards this special being called ‘myself’. The power of personalization fills us with joy, surprise and happiness, while for some, it might be a case of privacy breach. Today, through this blog, I would like to share the voice of a campaign manager on personalization.
In today’s digital first world, many advertisers prefer to use Google's default retargeting approach for ad personalization, making it less unique. Everyone values content that is distinctive, imaginative, and tailored to their preferences, right? Lets learn how it can be achieved through this article
We are aware that dynamic remarketing can be achieved through Google Ads. It's a relatively straightforward setup where users are presented with the ads they previously viewed on the website.However, google ads still have limitations when it comes to creative experimentation. Are you aware that Dynamic remarketing ad personalization can also be achieved from DV360, Studio (double click) & CM360 which can help us build data driven and customised creatives
Let us first understand the difference between Standard remarketing ads and dynamic remarketing ads and the benefits of dynamic ads over standard remarketing ads
What is Dynamic remarketing?
Dynamic remarketing takes personalization to the next level. It shows ads to users who have visited a website and displays products or services that they specifically viewed during their previous visit. For example, if a user looked at a particular product, the ad will showcase that specific product along with relevant details like price and images.
What is standard remarketing?
Standard remarketing shows you general ads based on the fact that you visited a website.
Dynamic remarketing shows you personalized ads based on the specific products you looked at on that website.
Here are the key difference between standard vs dynamic remarketing:
- Personalization: Dynamic remarketing is highly personalized, showing users the exact products or services they previously viewed. Standard remarketing, on the other hand, offers less personalized content.
- Ad Content: Dynamic remarketing involves dynamically generated ad content, while standard remarketing uses static ad content that is the same for all users in the remarketing list.
- Complexity: Implementing dynamic remarketing can be more complex than standard remarketing due to the need for a product feed and more advanced campaign setup.
So, what sets DV360 Dynamic Remarketing apart from Google ads? Well, there are many benefits:
- Google Ads dynamic remarketing ad will use a default template set by Google, whereas you can see a combination of around 6 to 10 creatives at once, while in DV360, you have the flexibility to customise the creative and its sizes.
- You can enhance the creative by adding more elements through the use of a feed.
- The creation of data-driven creatives in DV360 provides flexibility through pre-made templates like Panorama, Cue Card, or Blank Slate, or through a custom template in Google Web Designer.
- In DV360's dynamic creative, you can tailor the creative to match your level of creativity within the available sizes.
- DV360 google web designer personalised creatives tend to have higher CTR, increasing the likelihood of conversions.
Let's now explore the setup documentation guide to understand how to implement such a complex setup in Creative Studio and DV360.
- Set up a manual product feed in a spreadsheet and filter out list of specific
products and out-of-stock products as per the client's requirements.
- Create a Floodlight with custom variables in CM360 and install it on Clients website.
- Create audiences for Add to Cart, product viewers, category page views, purchases, and website visitors in CM360.
- In Studio, create an advertiser under Dynamic Content for dynamic remarketing.
- Create a profile for that advertiser under Dynamic Content.
- Add the profile name under 'New Profile'
- Enter the field name, data type, and values under 'New Profile Field.'
- To add the product feed to the profile, click on 'New Content,' then select the source and format of the file, and click on 'import.' It will import all the fields from the sheet. Snapshot
- In the 'Manage Element' section, select 'ID' as the report label from the drop-down and leave the rest unchanged. We select ID because that is the matching parameter between feed and the web tosite product SKU Snapshot
- Next, in the 'Data Types and Filters' section, choose 'Remarketing Value' as the field type from the drop-down menu and leave the rest unchanged. Also, double-check that only 'ID' is selected for each field under the 'Filterable' column. Then, click on 'Transform the Data.' Snapshot
- In the 'Manage Rules' tab, click on 'Manage' to verify whether the 'Product ID' was selected under the auto-filter. Otherwise, it will randomly take product IDs from the feed instead of users' cookies. Refer to the snapshot.Snapshot
- Under the preview tab the creatives will be pushed from GWD into the studio for the selected profile.
- Click on Publish to publish the profile.
Steps for Creatives Update from Studio to CM360 then CM360 to DV360
- Link Studio with CM360. Set up a connection with Studio called an "advertiser association”.
- Create a Campaign, Add rich media creatives under respective campaign.
- To add creatives from the Studio, we first need to Trafficked the creatives in the Studio. Then, for the creatives to reflect in CM360, we have to add them from the advertiser into CM360 under the 'Creatives' section tab. Snapshot
- Create a placement, site, and ad, and assign URLs. Additionally, assign default creatives.
- Once the Ad is ready, it will automatically start reflecting in DV360
- Make sure to keep the End date and start date carefully to ensure it falls under the campaign date
- In general 20 to 30% of default impressions are considered acceptable. However, in situations where the default ad receives more impressions than the actual ad, consider adding "isDefault" and "isActive" columns to the product feed sheet. Set the values for these columns as "False" and "True" accordingly.
- Add a default row with values of "True" or "True" and leave the value blank under the targeting column (ID) for that row.
- Then specify "Default" and "Active" columns under the elements section under "Special fields”.Snapshot
- Check data Type for each fields under the field type under the manage tab.
- It's generally recommended to keep the size of creatives up to 75KB. Many publishers have specific criteria in place for the publication of creatives on their inventory.